Benefits Of Being An AIH Member
Membership is valuable! As a member of the Institute you immediately have access to the most diverse network of professional horticulturists in Australia.
Members can expect:
- Access to AIH functions and events at member concession rates and privileges.
- Representation of individual and collective members interests to government and regulatory authorities.
- Company members of Agrifoodskills Australia, providing expertise and advice on training and assessment for industry professionals.
- Concessional rates negotiated by AIH with Fitzpatrick and Co Insurance Brokers for member insurances ranging from Public Liability, P&I to Tools, Vehicles, Homes and other insurance requirements.
- Member access to this AIH web site.
- Work and professional services of members included in the AIH Web site data base for searching by web visitors.
- Trade and work referrals from public and industry enquiries via the AIH national and regional council officers and service providers.
- Regular newsletters and notifications of regional and national matters.
- Inclusion in various pages of the AIH web site.
- Concessional rates for attendance at all AIH Workshop and Seminars.
- Entry to the AIH Registered Horticulturist professional accreditation program.
- Student Members receive concessional rates of membership to assist in their formative horticulture years of study.
- Graduate members of the Singapore Certified Practising Horticulturists professional development program receive concessional membership of AIH on enrolment and confirmation on graduation.
- Professional horticulturists in a number of international locations including Singapore, Hong Kong, UK, USA and Pacific Islands are allowed AIH Membership according to the AIH requirements.
- AIH Members visiting Singapore may be included in the Centre for Urban Greenery and Ecology (CUGE) Professional Speaker Program.
- Reciprocal arrangements and privileges for visiting AIH Singapore members to Australia in all AIH national and regional events, functions and professional workshops.
- Opportunity to be acknowledged in the AIH peer program of ‘Horticulturist of the Year’ in AIH regions and as a finalist in the prestigious AIH ‘Australian Horticulturist of the Year’ Award.
- Conferring the highest awards of AIH Fellowship and the Golden Wattle award for our industry heroes.
- Acknowledgement for 15 or more years AIH membership with the ‘AIH Membership Long Service Award’
- Acknowledgement and recognition by the AIH Award of Excellence’ for services to industry and the Award of Merit for recognition of a horticultural product or service.